Jan 21, 2019 / Previous exam questions: Writing task 2 / 11:04 pm
- (OPINION> DISCUSSION) Some believe that modern technology has made people less socially active, while others think this is just the opposite. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
- (OPINION > PERSONAL VIEWPOINT) The best way to reduce crime among young people is to teach parents good parenting skills. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? Why?
- (OPINION> PERSONAL VIEWPOINT) Some psychologists think that the best way to overcome stress of everyday life is to spend a portion of the day doing absolutely nothing. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Why?
- (CAUSE-EFFECT)There is a trend of increasing amounts of consumer goods, which leads to environmental problems. What are the reasons for this trend? Do you this this problem can have severe impacts on the society? Why?
- (OPINION> PERSONAL VIEWPOINT) The difference in age between parents and their children has increased compared to the past. Do you think advantages of this trend outweigh the disadvantages? Why?
- (HYBRID QUESTION) Scientists have been warning for many years already that in order to protect the environment people should use less energy. However, most people do not change their ways of living. Why is this behavior? How can people be encouraged to change? Can it be done easily? Why?
- (OPINION> DISCUSSION) Some people think that children should go to kindergarten before attending primary school, while others recommend children to stay all day with their families at this stage of development. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
- (OPINION> DISCUSSION) Some people believe that trade and cultural relationships between the countries is a positive development, while others disagree. Discuss both the views and give your own opinion.
- (ADVANTAGES and DISADVANTAGES) Recently there is a change in the way which people live in rural areas(cultural, social and economical). What are the advantages and disadvantages of this trend?
- (OPINION> PERSONAL VIEWPOINT) Many parents (mostly women) decide to stay home and take care of the family members instead of going out for work. Some people suggest that they should be paid by the government for doing that. Do you agree or disagree? Why?
- (OPINION> PERSONAL VIEWPOINT) Different cultures are mixing today and the world is becoming a global village. Is it a positive or a negative development? Why?
- (OPINION>PERSONAL VIEWPOINT + SOLUTION)) Nowadays people’s life is changing rapidly and, as a result, family relationships are affected. In your opinion, how severe the problem is? What solutions do you recommend?
- (OPINION> DISCUSSION) Some people say measures have to be put in place to improve road safety by reducing the speed limits;however, others believe there are better alternatives. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
- (OPINION> DISCUSSION) Some people think that the range of technology available to the people is increasing the gap between the rich and the poor. Others think it has an opposite effect. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
- (OPINION> PERSONAL VIEWPOINT) Some of the methods used in advertising are unethical and unacceptable in today’s society. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?
- (CAUSE-SOLUTION) People nowadays are not as fit and active as they were in the past. What are the reasons for this? What measures can be taken for this?