You should spend around 20 minutes on this task.
The transformation that took place in Stokeford village between 1930 and 2010 is depicted in the given maps.
As seen in the first map, in 1930, the village was connected by a central road, which crossed the River Stoke at the North. There existed some houses, shops, a post office and a primary school, which were proximal to the road. A large house, with gardens at the centre was a landmark, yet the major portions of the village were farmlands.
By 2010, two roads in the northern part of the village, which ran perpendicular to the central road, provided connections to the new homes that replaced farmland on the East and to those that replaced shops on the West. The primary school underwent a considerable expansion with two parallel units extending towards the East.
More settlements came towards the central part of the village, particularly towards the South and the West. The large house got converted into a retirement home, with an addition of two wings and the surrounding garden got reduced almost by half.
Overall, it is clear that the environment was altered heavily for the development of the village, which is evidenced by the complete absence of farmlands.
Word count: 196