1. School and university students learn lessons far better from their teachers than from other sources, such as the Internet and television. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
2. Some people believe that entertainers are more important than scientists. Do you agree or disagree? Support with reasons and examples from your own experience.
3. Nowadays we can see definite signs of surplus production in almost every industry sector, and this is leading to environmental damage. What are some possible solutions to this situation?
4. Some people prefer to live in hot climates, whereas others love the lifestyle in countries with cold climate. Discuss both the view and give your opinion.
5. Modern cultures around the world have become similar as compared to the past. What are the main reasons for it? Is it a positive or negative development?
6. Some people believe that adults get motivated to exercise and play sports because of the major sports events on TV such as the Olympic Games and the Football World Cup. Others say that there are many ways apart from TV to encourage them to exercise. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
7. Some people believe that to be a successful sportsperson, one needs to have a natural ability. Others think that hard work and practice are more important. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
8. Nowadays many students live with their families while others go to another city to study at a university. Discuss advantages and disadvantages of both scenarios. Include relevant examples in your answer.
9. It is becoming increasingly expensive for museums to be open to the public. What would be the best solution to keep them open, in your opinion?
10. Some people believe that women should play an equal role as men in a country’s police or military force, such as the army, while others think women are not suitable for these kinds of jobs. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
11. Adults do less exercise nowadays. Some think that people can be encouraged to live healthy lives through sporting events such as the Olympics or the World Cup. Others think that there are better ways to encourage adults for exercise. Discuss both views and state your opinion.
12. Modern cultures around the world have become similar when compared to the past. What are the reasons? Is it a positive or negative development?
13. People are using a lot of online language translation apps. Are there more advantages than disadvantages to such services.
14. Demand for food is increasing worldwide. What is the cause of this? What measures can the international community take to meet this demand?
15. Many companies sponsor sports as a way of advertising themselves. Some people think that this is a good thing, while others think that it has disadvantages. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
16. Some people believe that to be successful at a sport you need natural ability and others think that hard work and practice can make you successful. Discuss both views and give your opinion?
17. Nowadays, adults do little exercise. Some people believe that the best way to address this issue is by covering great sports events such as the Olympics n television. Others think that it is more beneficial to take other measures. What is your opinion?
18. These days some people spend a lot of money on tickets to go to sporting or cultural events. Do you think this is a positive or negative development?
19. Some people believe that technology has made man more social and others think that it has made him less social. Discuss both views and give your opinion?
20. Experts say older people were happier and healthier in the past because they did more exercise and spent more time with family and friends, whereas many now suffer from loneliness and health problems. What are the causes of this and suggest some solutions?