1. You stayed at a friend’s house last weekend and lost your watch. Write a letter to your friend. In your letter, you should:
– Thank him/her for the good time you had.
– Describe your watch.
– Tell your friend what would you like him/her to do with it if he/she finds it.
2. You are attending a course at an evening school. Write a letter to the director of the school with a complaint about the course. In your letter, you should:
– Describe the course you are taking.
– Explain what you don’t like about the course.
– Give your opinion about what should be done about it.
3. Write a letter to a book store manager who is living in another city. Ask him/her to make available a book that you are interested in. In your letter, you should tell:
– What book you are looking for?
– Why you need this book?
– How you plan to purchase the book?
4. Your friend is in another country. Write a letter to your friend asking for advice about employment opportunities in his country. In your letter, you should tell:
– Why you want to work there
– What skills and work experience you have
– Inquire about the benefits (salary and hours).
5. You have recently attended a professional course. Write a letter to your manager to thank him/her for the opportunity. In your letter, you should tell:
– What it was about?
– Explain why it was helpful to you.
– Suggest other co-workers who should attend the course.
6. There are some problems in the changing room in your sport center. Write a letter to the sport center manager. In your letter, you should:
– Describe the problems in the changing room
– Explain why the sport center is important for you
– Suggest what the manager should do.
7. You ride a bicycle to work, but there is a problem with the parking. Write a letter to the manager of the Parking Management Company. In your letter, you should tell:
– Why you ride a bicycle to work
– What the problem is with the parking
– What your suggestions are.
8. You have organized a 90th birthday party for your relative and invited elderly guests. It was a successful party. Write a letter to the hotel manager, to provide the feedback: In your letter, you should tell:
– When the party took place
– Why it was successful
– Thank a staff member who was really helpful.
9. You and your colleague want to use a company room. Write a letter to your manager and ask for permission. In your letter, you should:
– Explain why you need the room
– Describe which room you need and why
– Tell what changes you’ll need in the room.
10. You are a member of a sports club. Write a letter to the club president about an event that will be organized there. In your letter, you should tell:
– What it is
– Who you will invite
– What your role is in this event.
11. You rent an apartment and you are quite happy with it but you want to suggest a renovation. Write a letter about your suggestion. In your letter, you should tell:
– Your appreciation of current condition
– What is the renovation and why?
– What is the benefits of your suggestion?
12. You are going to take a vacation soon and want your friend to go with you. Write a letter to your friend. In your letter, you should:
– Tell him/her why you want the holiday/vacation
– Describe your plan
– Invite him/her to go with you.
13. You had a dinner with your friend’s family. Write a letter to you friend and express your feelings about the dinner. In your letter, you should:
– Say what you enjoyed about the dinner
– Describe how you feel about his/her family
– Invite your friend and his/her family to you place.