1. Films and computer games which contain violence are very popular. Some people believe they have a negative effect on society and so should be banned. Other people, however, say they are just harmless and help people to relax. Discuss both these points of view and give your own opinion.
2. In many countries, the rich are becoming richer and poor are becoming poorer. Why is this a problem? What solutions can be done to solve this problem?
3. Some people think that radio is the best way to get news while others think that television is better for this purpose. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
4. Over consuming sugar is unhealthy. Some people think that the government should take responsibility to control it. Others think that individuals should take responsibility of sugar intake. What is your opinion on this? Discuss both views.
5. All the people in a company should be treated equally and provided with the same number of vacation leaves per year. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this?
6. Some people do not mind to spend their leisure time with their colleagues while some people prefer to keep their private life separate from their work life. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
7. Some people believe in the era of e-technology, printing newspaper and magazines will cease to occur in the near future. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
8. Some people say schools should be responsible to teach young adults to look after their health, while others think this is not responsibility of schools. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
9. Many people try to look younger than their age. What do you think are the causes people do this. Is a good or bad thing?
10. Some people believe that children should be given lessons on how to manage money in the school. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
11. Many people believe that it’s better to learn something in a group rather than individually. Do you agree or disagree?
12. Some people think that men are naturally more competitive than women. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
13. These days, mobile phones and the internet are very important to the ways in which people relate to one another socially. Do the advantages of this development outweigh the disadvantages?
14. Weddings are more expensive in many countries comparison present and past. What is the reason behind this? Is this a positive or a negative development?
15. Some believe that is the responsibility of people to take care about the environment. Others say it is the government that should take care of the environment. Discuss both views and state your opinion.
16. Scientists believe that in order to protect the environment, people must use less energy in their daily lives. However, most people have not changed the way they live. Why do you think many people have not taken individual action? What could be done to encourage them to take action?
17. Many doctors say that people in today’s world do not do enough physical exercise. What do you think are the causes of this? What solutions are there to solve this problem?
18. In many countries small shops and town centers are going out of business, because people tend to drive to the large out-of-town stores. This results in an increase in car use, and it also means that people without cars have limited access to out-of-town stores. Do you think advantages of such development outweigh its disadvantages?
19. Computer games and films containing violence are popular today. Some people think that these are harmful for our society and the government should ban them. Others argue that such games and films are fine for entertainment. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
20. Many people believe that the increasing number of cars in cities is the biggest source of pollution and waste. Others think that industries are the ones causing pollution. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
21. Many people these days have computer, laptops, telephones at their home for work. Do you think, working from home has more advantages or disadvantages? Give reasons.
22. Many people today use their phones to communicate by sending text messages than talking. What are the reasons for this? Does it have advantages and disadvantages?
23. It is expected in the near future that there will be a higher proportion of old people compared to younger population in some countries. Is it a positive or negative development? Give your opinion and examples.
24. Some people think that schools should involve students in school management. Do you agree or disagree with this idea? Give reasons for your answer.
25. Fast food is a part of life in many place. Some people think this has bad effects in lifestyle and diet. Do you agree or disagree? Give reasons.
26. These days it is very common to have people from two different generations mix in the same workplace. Are there more advantages or disadvantages to this situation? Give your own opinion and include relevant examples.
27. Money should be spent on creating new public buildings such as museums or town halls rather than renovating the existing ones. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
28. Some people think that watching movies is a waste of time. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
29. Some people say that schools do not do enough to teach young people about health. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
30. Some people believe that the museums and historic sites should be open for free for children under 18 years old. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
31. Doctors these days are saying people are not getting enough physical exercise. What do you think are the causes for this trend? What can be done to solve this?
32. Some people think that it is better to get information or advice from other people, while others believe one can get any information or advice from the Internet or books. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
33. Recently, many people know a few of their neighbors. What is the cause of this problem? What can be done to solve this problem? Give reasons for your answer and any example from your own experience.
34. Some people say that holding sport competitions cause many troubles, others disagree. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
35. Some people believe public libraries are not important for people, others disagree about this statement. Discuss both views and give your opinion. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
36. Some people think that watching sport is waste of time during leisure time. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
37. Some people believe that in order for a hobby to be enjoyable, it needs to be difficult in some way. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
38. People of older and younger generations work together in same workplace. Do you think there are more advantages or disadvantages for this? Use examples or explain from your personal experiences.
39.Nowadays, more people would rather purchase food than cook at home. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this trend?