1. In some countries, people follow the latest fashion and hairstyles. Why does this happen? Do you think this is a positive or a negative development?
2. These days many children spend a lot of their time playing computer games but little time doing sports. Why is this? Do you think this is a positive or negative development?
3. In some countries the number of people who visit art galleries is reducing. What are the reasons for this? What can be done to attract more visitors to such places?
4. Shopping is now one of the most popular forms of leisure activity in many countries for young adults. What do you think are the reasons for this? Do you think this is a positive or negative development?
5. In some countries, children under 16 are not allowed to leave school by law and get full-time work. Do you see this as a good thing? Why?.
6. In many countries, people are living in a “throwaway society” where things are used for a short time and thrown away. What are the causes of this and how severe this problem is?
7. With the development of science and technology, some people believe that there is no great value of artists such as musicians and painters. What are the things artists can do but the scientist cannot? Should art be encouraged more?
8. In many countries, people have more health problems because they choose to live an unhealthy lifestyle. What do you think are the reasons for this and how can it be solved?
9. Nowadays, people of all ages from certain parts of the world spend more time indoors rather than going outdoors. Why do this happen? Do you think this is a positive or negative development?
10. Some young people are leaving the countryside to live in cities and towns, leaving only old people in the countryside. Why do think this happen? Do you think this as a positive or a negative development?
11. Some people believe that people who do physical work should be paid on par with the people who have high level degree. Do you agree or disagree? Why?
12. Some people think that secondary or high school students should be taught how to use money wisely as it is an important life skill. Do you agree or disagree with the statement? Why?
13. Some people think that job satisfaction is more important than job security. Others think that people cannot expect to enjoy a job and having a permanent job is more important. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
14. Nowadays, some parents pressure their children to be successful in particular fields. What are the reasons for this? Do you think it is a positive or negative development?
15. Countries with a long average working time are more economically successful than those countries which do not have a long working time. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Why?
16. Many educators believe that international exchange trips are beneficial for students. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Why?
17. Most of the modern scientific researches are less-worthy and only waste time, money and other resources. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Why?
18. Some people think that money is the best gift for teenagers. Others disagree. Discuss both these views and give your opinion.
19. Some people think that the Olympics is no longer important in the 21st century. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Why?
20. Many university students prefer doing part-time jobs during their studies? Do you think this has more advantages or disadvantages? Why?
21. In many countries, women and men are working full-time. It is therefore, logical for women and men to share their household chores equally. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Why?
22. Although parents are responsible for raising a child, outside influences play a key role in their development. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? Why?